General Secretariat for Family Policy & Gender Equality
The General Secretariat for Family Policy & Gender Equality (GSFPGE) is Greece’s governmental agency that is competent to plan, implement, and monitor the policies on equality between women and men in all sectors.
The GSFPGE implements co-financed Programmes and Actions through the Coordination, Managing and Implementation Authority for co-funded actions of the Ministry of Interior.
The GSFPGE is currently implementing its National Plan on Gender Equality 2016-2020 which includes 6 Strategic Priorities and is planning and working on the new National Plan on Gender Equality for the years 2021-2026.
Please visit www.isotita.gr for more information.
RESEARCH CENTRE FOR GENDER EQUALITY
The Research Centre for Gender Equality (KETHI) is a Legal Entity under Private Law of the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (General Government Body), which was founded in 1994, supervised by the General Secretariat for Family Policy and Gender Equality and is governed by a five-member Administrative Board.
• KETHI is activated dynamically in the promotion of gender equality in all sectors: social, political, cultural and economic life. Its aim is mainly on the elimination of gender discriminations and inequalities.
• KETHI promotes gender mainstreaming in all policies and actions, as well as the enhancement of positive actions for women, so as to contribute to the elimination of gender discriminations, stereotypes and inequalities.
• KETHI implements national policies and and institutional interventions aiming at promoting gender equality, as well as eliminating gender gaps into private and public life.
• Support women who suffer from gender-based violence and/or multiple discriminations by providing counseling services.
• Enhance scientific knowledge by conducting researches and studies in the field of gender equality.
• Eliminate gender discrimination and inequalities, as well as strengthen women’s position through planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating action plans.
• Develop actions on gender equality issues at work, entrepreneurship and social inclusion, through the provision of documentation and information.
• Promote gender mainstreaming through the implementation of gender training activities.
• Promote gender equality, taking into considaretion the dimensions of multiculturalism by undertaking relevant initiatives.
• Offer scientific and technical expertise in counseling for women and socially vulnerable groups, with a gender perspective.
Please visit https://kethi.gr for more information.
Women On Top
Women On Top is a non-profit organization aiming for the professional empowerment of women and for equality at work. It was founded in 2012 and since then has created and monitored over 830 mentoring partnerships for the benefit of unemployed women, women who want to change their professional career, establish themselves in male-dominated professions, build their own businesses etc.
It has also trained over 1200 unemployed, employed and self-employed women in skills camps offering childcare for the little ones of those who are mothers.
Moreover, through the Women on Top in Business initiative, we provide training, consulting and project management services to businesses and organizations wishing to prioritize the equal representation of women at work, by investing in the diversity and inclusivity of their talent pools as well as to the work/life balance of their employees.
Last but not least, it has developed a wide communication and content creation platform (surveys, articles, podcasts, events etc), in order to build powerful networks around the goal of gender equality, help promote positive and strong female role models and raise awareness, among the general public as well as decision making bodies, around the obstacles that women face, even in this day and age, in their equal participation in public life.
Please visit https://womenontop.gr for more information.